"That best academy, a mother's knee." ~James Russell Lowell

Good gracious I should have done this on Mothers Day- but to heck. I don't need an excuse! To all you out there who know my mom, you know what I am about to say. She is perfect. I don't even know where to start. Because I don't have sisters I really appreciate this other feminine character in the Reed household. Although she is my mother she looks more like my sister, which I have heard from enough people at the grocery store, mall, costco, etc. so I know it's true! So she looks like my sister but is definitely my mom! :) I have gone through many phases of life, infancy, toddlerhood (is that a word), elementary school, middle school, high school, and now I am into college! My mom has always been there for me, from the moment I was born until right this second I have had a constant companion to help me through thick and thin and rain and snow and ice (yes this is a reference to Saturday's Warrior haha!)
She is proud of me even when I am not proud of myself. She tells me what I need to hear whether I like it or not, which is not easy at first but it shows how much she cares about me. She will do anything to help me, (which could be a lot of things- answering random questions, talk to me on the phone while I am walking to class at 8 A.M., leave dinner so I can go on a date, switch me out of classes when I have psycho teachers, give me advice when I have friend problems, the list goes on don't worry)

The truth is, a daughter like me doesn't deserve a mom like her. She is beautiful, stunning actually, and will never let her family down. I attribute every single accomplishment and every trait that I have developed to this incredible woman. I thank her for always guiding me and for teaching me the most important things in life, and for putting up with my drama (which can sometimes be an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10!)
I love you mom! You are everything a mother should be and beyond.


No comments:
Post a Comment