Wednesday, March 23, 2011

outer banks vacation!

This past Christmas our parents gave my brothers and I a trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina! So basically this trip has been the only thing keeping me going for 6 months. I have to admit that when we heard we were going to North Carolina for our summer vacation my brothers and my reactions were along the lines of "Really, mom?" But after seeing the sweet beach house online and learning more about the string of islands off the coast of North Carolina, our excitement for the trip lifted dramatically!

Probably the best thing about this vacation was the fact that my cousins and grandparents would be coming along. Our flight left Vegas around 4:30 and we landed in Norfolk, Virginia at 10:00 and we spent the night in a hotel. The next morning we all woke up really early and we were all collectively delirious. The drive to our beach house was 2 hours from the hotel, but very enjoyable! There were so many trees and plants along the side of the road it was so different than what I am used to!

We crossed a really long bridge that took us to the island and once we got there we had a few hours until we could check into our beach house. On a whim we decided to hangout at the beach until check-in time came. As we were walking onto the beach Tara and I found ourselves in a not-so-ideal situation, I was walking in jeans and a shirt down onto the beach in 90 degree weather and humidity and tara was wearing a black dress with leggings! Needless to say I got to the beach and turned into a tomato and my hair permed itself so Tara and I gladly volunteered to go to the grocery store and help get food for the week. That turned out to be and adventure in itself, getting all the food for 20 people for a week was kind of comical due to the number of baskets this task required! Interesting state law in North Carolina "No beer or alcohol sold on Sunday's before noon". Shucks! hahaha!


yeah I just found this and I never really finished it... but the rest of the trip was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment