Wednesday, March 16, 2011
1280 miles later...
You know what's weird... Reese and I have absolutely epic weekends... every single weekend. It kind of puts a little pressure on us to make each weekend better than the one before, so we decided to go to Disneyland this weekend! WHAT!?!? yes. we did. Are you ready for this next fact? We did it on 5 hours of sleep. Anaheim CA is exactly 4 hours and 9 minutes away from my house (according to Mapquest...) So we left my house in vegas around 5:20 and drove all the way there that morning! Did I mention that Reese's voice is exceptionally low for the first 2 hours he is awake? You have to hear it to believe it.
We pretty much did everything we wanted to do in Disneyland and California Adventure... however we did have some favorites:
Indiana Jones (this ride is like leftovers... its even better the second time)
Pirates of the Caribbean (we mostly like this one because its really long, so when your legs hurt...this is your best option)
Soarin over California (Reese thinks that the scents come from little vents in the chairs, but really it comes from the trees)
A Bugs Life 3D movie (yes this isn't a ride, but since I know when the special effects strike I loved watching Reese react bahahah! good times)
SO this day was really long and at the end of the day we were ready to hightail it back to vegas! We didn't anticipate a few things... like starting out going the wrong direction on the freeway, or pulling up to not 1 but 2 broken gas pumps, and being deliriously tired and exhausted behind the wheel. If you know anything about being a donkey on the edge, that would sum up the drive home. I have to admit, I was completely out of it the last hour and Reese did an exceptional job keeping himself awake. I did wake up a couple times to make sure he was okay, there were some pretty interesting moments. Still, one of the best days of my life with my favorite person in the whole world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





LUCKY! Sounds like loads of fun. I love that Bugs Life 3D as well. Funny to watch everyone jump.
ReplyDeleteyou have replaced me as your favorite person in the whole world. and i am ok with it. reese is cool too.
ReplyDeleteJK LOOKS LIKE A FUUUN TRIP IM SO JEALOUS