Monday, June 17, 2013

Moving, Vacationing, and Working!

 Before we moved to LA I promised a lot of people I would do better blogging, and I have been failing at that!  So, I promise I am going to be a better blogger nowadays :) Starting now!

We have had so many changes the last few weeks! We have had so much fun! First of all, we moved to Los Angeles on June 1st! Although we didn't have tons of stuff, we decided using a moving van would be easier because we could move everything at once instead of spreading it into trailers, trucks, and separate loads. Reese drove the moving truck all the way from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, and he handled it really well. I definitely couldn't have done that! Seeing our truck in the LA traffic was so scary. My family helped us move down and I don't know what we would have done without them! Saying bye to them as they headed back to Las Vegas was so sad! I was really scared being left in a city I was unfamiliar with, but with Reese there I knew it would be just fine :)

Our new apartment is coming together! It was really dirty when we moved in, so we got to work and cleaned it from top to bottom! Reese and I spent two and a half hours cleaning the shower alone! There was mold in the shower track and Reese had to wrap a rag around a screw driver and scrape it out little by little. I was soooo grossed out, but it HAD to go! It is so much better now! WOO it was such a workout. Our apartment has white walls and wood floors which I seriously love. I like it because it looks and feels so clean. We have unpacked everything and now I am just working on getting every area the way I like it. I love doing that! I am sorry I haven't posted many pictures of our apartment! I plan on doing a whole post dedicated to our new home, later on when it is put together! (Not too long I promise! haha)

We had a week in California before we went on our cruise, so we tried to do some fun things! One day we drove up to Malibu and went to the beach! It was so pretty I was dying driving along the PCH! We also went to the Santa Monica Pier and the shopping district around there, the Los Angeles temple, and toured Beverly Hills! Really, it was just fun spending time together :)

Our cruise was with Royal Caribbean! It was Reese's FIRST cruise and both of our first time in the Caribbean! We had such a blast! Our ports of call were 1) Labadee, Haiti 2) Falmouth, Jamaica 3) Georgetown, Grand Cayman and 4) Cozumel, Mexico. SO FUN! We went ziplining and river tubing in Jamaica, snorkeling in Cozumel, and we went to the beach in Haiti and in the Caymans. The Caymans is our new favorite place I have never seen a more beautiful place in my life! Definitely going back! We used disposable cameras off the ship because I was way to nervous to take my nice clunker camera onto the islands! Not to mention its huge. I plan on doing a separate blog post on the trip later on with those pictures! Question: Does anyone know where to develop pictures from a disposable camera where they will put them on a CD? Haven't done this in SO long! Hahah

And that brings us to TODAY which is Reese's FIRST DAY OF WORK! He was so excited this morning and has been looking forward to this day since December when he accepted the offer. I am so grateful for him working so hard for our family, I am really proud of him! I love him a lot :)

That brings us up to speed for now! When we get internet in our apartment I will be more connected I promise! I am currently typing this is a coffee shop and as we speak my hair and clothing are becoming infused with that lovely scent. (I actually really like that smell, so I don't mind a whole lot) Anyways, I'm off for another day of running errands and cleaning. Love you all!




1 comment: