Tuesday, April 23, 2013

COLLEGE GRAD!!!!


I just took my last final, EVER! I can't believe I am done with school for the rest of my LIFE!

I know it's so cliche', but walking through campus for the last time the afternoon was crazy! I have learned so much here in the last four years and it all falls into one of 3 categories:

1. academic
2. spiritual
3. personal

My academic education at BYU was really challenging, and very rewarding. Some of my favorite classes were generals, where I was able to learn something completely new. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed classes like Statistics, Physical Science, and Geography. I learned to love the thrill of mastery!
This is what I'm talking about when I say I was a little crazy freshman year!
Two of my favorite people in the world!
Sophomore year was so much fun!
Perhaps the greatest friend I will ever have, and one of the most beautiful people I know!

Meeting Reese, best thing that happened to me at BYU!

Being married here in Provo :)


My spiritual education will have a lasting effect on my life. The final product of the religion classes is a perfectly balanced knowledge of every aspect of the gospel. I finished my religion classes really fast, and I ended up missing them the last two years. I have learned more about the gospel here than I expected, and I am so so so so so so so grateful that it tied in with my academic work. I have been in a spiritual haven for the last four years and it has changed me.

Last, my personal knowledge! THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE!!! I have grown up. At least I would like to think that! Living alone forces you to mature into a responsible adult. I'll never forget when my apartment flooded sophomore year and I handled it like my Dad would have (a.k.a. awesomely)! I was proud of myself for doing that! I have grown SO MUCH being married to an incredible man. Marriage teaches you a lot about yourself, both good and bad. I feel I have grown as a person. I look back to my freshman self and realize when I came here I was a child, and now I feel like an adult.

BLESSED to have been here. I will miss these days! But don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited about the fact that I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL! WOOOO!!!

1 comment: