Thursday, June 7, 2012

its like technology...

I overheard something this week that was so interesting to me. It was in regard to a topic that the LDS church has a firm stance on. This is what I heard:

"Its like technology. When something new comes out there are always people who pick it up right away. Then there's the middle group who take a little while longer. Then there are the stragglers who take forever to get it. In 30 years the Mormons will change their policy. It will just take awhile."

In a moment like this, I take so much comfort in knowing that my religion is unchanging. In my opinion it is one of the most special things about my religion. The beliefs that my family and I hold are the same ones that the very first members of the church held to! Despite the fact that the LDS church was founded over a hundred years ago, the teachings are so pertinent to the modern day and continue to guide its members. I know that our leaders are truly inspired! I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment